Located in the courtyard of Guildford House, a grade II listed building, circa 1700 which now houses a gift and craft shop along with a flexible meeting and exhibition space. Original use was possibly a brew house for Guildford House. Beer was the main household drink until the mid 19th century and was brewed mostly at home. Large houses often had a separate brewhouse such as this one.
155 High Street