The park covers 1.08h (2.7acres) and was created in 1910 by Farnham Urban District Council as a recreational area for the residents of Farnham. It also includes the Evelyn Borelli Garden of Rest.
The name comes from 17th Century meadows, part of The Bush Hotel estate which was known as Gostreeds. Today the grounds include:
- A children’s play area
- Farnham’s War Memorial
- Public toilets (managed by Farnham Town Council)
- The Borelli shelter
- A drinking fountain, designed by local architect Harold Falkner
- The park is used for open-air services and ceremonial events.
- A collection of interesting public art installations at the Evelyn Borelli Garden of Rest.
- Gostrey Meadow, Union Road, Farnham, GU9 7RT