- We offer the latest film releases for a fraction of the cost of the commercial cinemas, just £6 per ticket (£3 for children under 15) and no parking charges.
- We also offer Season Tickets, the equivalent of six adult single tickets to the cinema for only £30.
- We have a fully licensed bar, with a wide selection of alcoholic and soft drinks available, some sourced from local growers, brewers and distillers.
- We serve tea, coffee and a variety of home-made cakes.
- And like all good cinemas, we also serve locally produced ice cream, chocolates and popcorn.
- Above all what we offer is conviviality and a chance to catch up with friends.
A prime location offering Film and other events on a regular basis.
- Formed in 2007, Godalming Film Society was supported by grants from Godalming Town Council and the National Lottery Awards for All
- Prior to launching the society, potential demand was ‘tested’ by running a trial screening of ‘Volver’ in the Borough Hall. It was a sell-out!
- A grant from the Town Council of £500 together with profit from the ‘Volver’ screening provided sufficient funds for the purchase of an initial sound system
- We are grateful the British Federation of Film Societies (Now Cinema for All) for the loan of a projector during the first weeks of our existence
- A Lottery award of approximately £5,000 funded our projectorFilms are shown in the Borough Hall, Bridge Street, Godalming (opposite Waitrose) on Tuesdays between September and AprilFilms start at 19.45hrs promptShorts are sometimes shown before the main feature – this is indicated on the programme
- Films are shown in the Borough Hall, Bridge Street, Godalming (opposite Waitrose) on Tuesdays between September and May
- Screenings start at 19.45hrs prompt
- Shorts are sometimes shown before the main feature – this is indicated on the programme
- Wine / water are available from 19.15hrs
- Note that there will be no interval, unless specifically notified
- There are facilities for disabled access. We can accommodate wheelchair users. The seating is partly tiered (140 seats) for a maximum capacity of 240 people
- Car parking is available at the rear of the Waverley Borough Council Offices (behind the Hall)
We offer the best in live music, theatre, comedy, film, talks, event cinema, workshops, family events and free-to-explore exhibitions. From classical recitals to children’s activities – our vibrant programme has something for all ages and tastes.
Our friendly gallery tea bar serves a delicious range of snacks, homemade cakes and refreshments throughout the day, and our fully licenced bar is open for many of our evening events.
Whatever brings you through our doors we promise a warm welcome and a good time.